Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Pardon my lack of pity

Because I'm apparently an unreasonable bitch, please don't tell me your sob stories about being poverty-stricken if any of the following apply:
  • You have taken 2 or more vacations in the last 12 months
  • You have a cleaning lady
  • You drive a newish SUV
  • You have occasion to buy new formal gowns and cocktail dresses
  • They call you by name at the local Starbucks

4 comments:

Random Michelle K said...

Yeesh.

Unfortunately, I can actually imagine what brought this on.

Perhaps a good response to false claims of poverty is, "Oh I know, it's so difficult to stretch the food budget, even with food stamps! And I don't know how I'm going to get another year out of the kid's winter clothes--they were getting to small at the end of last winter!"

Crazy Cat Lady said...

My response (as a bigger bitch) would be:

"Shut the hell up; you drive a freakin' Lincoln Navigator. The last time I splurged on anything was when I got the large Oreo Blizzard."

Between our feelings about cats, childlessness, annoying neighbors, and daily encounters with morons, you and I sound like we could be related. Do you have any relatives from the southern part of the state?

S said...

Nah, both sides of my family are from the middle section of the state, but maybe we're linked some other way -- like some eerie connection through our cats. ;)

Crazy Cat Lady said...

Do-do, do-do, do-do, do-do...
(That's the Twilight Zone theme, in case it wasn't coming through. And do you know how hard it was to type that? Seriously.)